Monday, December 11, 2006

Good news

This morning (Monday) Rob went to the CIS office to apply for Ben's passport. Our passport interview is tomorrow (Tuesday), which is great news. We were hoping it would be by at least Thursday, so the approval notice could be sent to Hanoi and our visa appointment could be scheduled for next week. (The US Embassy is only open M,T,W) At this point, we believe that we will fly to Hanoi this weekend. Hopefully we can get in early and be home soon. We will keep everyone posted as things progress. Thanks for all the emails, posts, and prayers.

6 comments:

Tom O'Connor said...

GREAT NEWS!!!!!! We'll be thinking positive thoughts over here.

As always, we love the pics and we love you guys!!!

Stuart and Colleen said...

Good deal! We can't wait to meet Ben in person. You realize we're all going to spoil him, don't you? Stuart played Ben's bass in church Sunday in honor of him and his great new family. The bass sounded awesome. Can't wait for all three of you to hear it, too.

Rachel said...

Wonderful news! Glad things are going well. Ben is absolutely adorable, I'm really enjoying all the pictures :)

Cousin Tracy said...

That's great for you all. I have been praying for your safe and speedy return home to start your new life. Does Ben ever cry?! He has got to be one of the happiest babies ever! Lots of Love and keep us posted.

Donna Osborne said...

Tricia - I just spoke to your mom and she gave me this information. I had on my calendar the dates that you were leaving and meeting Ben and then I was out of the loop. But now I am back in the loop!! I got tears in my eyes when I saw you feeding Ben!!! He is absolutely adorable and looks a lot like his Favorite Aunt Donna!!!! I can't wait to share M&M's with him - they are special M&M's that have "WELCOME HOME BEN LOC!!!" And they are especially made for Ben because he is so very SPECIAL!!!! I HAVE to be at the airport!!! Please keep me posted!!! I love all of you and I am sooooo excited for you and for me because I will have a new nephew!!! Lots of Love -Donna

jramore said...

WONDERFUL NEWS! You guys (3!) be carful you are in all of our thoughts and prayers (although now when I think of you guys I see Ben's face). Ben...take care of those two!!